Tuesday, May 4, 2010

High Maintenance Wonderland

I picked up some buds from my Sister Ashley last night, and gave her and her boyfriend Angel a ride to the mall and back since she had to get some scrubs for her work. She works in a medical office, I think they specialize in allergies and respiratory treatments or something. I had to use Heather's Mom's car, as the van is being worked on.


I personally do not like malls. I avoid them like the plague. After she picked up her scrubs, she decided to stop in the jewelry and makeup section of Macy's. You know, those well-lit areas with the makeup and jewelry displays that tend to have a thick cloud of various rich girl perfumes hanging in the air? You can usually find these places easily as the amount of light in there is almost blinding, and are populated by snobby women and the respective snobby staff with their fake plastered on smiles.

(funny note: denizens of the mall can always tell I am an outsider. I don't fit the part of a mall shopper, and the way I dress gives me away. Those snobby women in the high maintenance section don't even shoot me a glance hahaha)

You women try too damn hard. You can impress a lot of guys by just being yourself, and there are a lot of guys that do like the fake, high maintenance life-style. Makes them feel important I guess. Instead of spending $150 on some nasty ass perfume, why not spend that $150 on a camping trip to prove how COOL you are?! That would attract somebody who likes what you do, not what you smell like.

As a guy, I am not attracted to big fancy jewelry, flashy necklaces, perfume (yuck), etc...And I don't think most other guys are either. The ones that do like that kind of thing usually end up buying that crap for you anyway...from really expensive stores that specialize in really expensive jewelry. Not that $40-$50 crap you find at the mall.

Stop trying so damn hard, those models you see on TV that you wish you so desperately looked like are only going to make you feel bad about yourself. It's their job, why ELSE would they exist? Models hold no functional value in society except for looking good. Yay. How long can you make the high maintenance lifestyle last? You're going to get older just like everybody else does. I'm sorry, but that's how life works. When you get older, what do you want to say you have done with your whole life?


Worried about social status, how much stuff you acquired, and how you appeared to everybody around you? Or how full you lived and loved because you had no time for being fake? Being high maintenance takes away from the life experience. My opinion on this is not biased because I knew several people who were like this, and man, they HATED life.

Like I always say, you forget how to live, you may as well not be living at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment