Friday, May 7, 2010

Mission Possible

Contacted my brother in law David to come look at my van a week ago, he replaced all the brake pads and the two front rotors & calipers. I spent about $300-400 on parts and labor as opposed to paying $1000+ at the shops. Man, it's good to know somebody who's good with vehicles.

He finished yesterday afternoon. After bleeding the front brakes, I took it around the little gated-community circle thing I live in right now. I tested the stopping power, and it seemed to be working a lot better than having no brakes at all. But something was just not right. I pull back along the side of the circle, we both get out, and discover the back brake line blew.

David thinks it was from the act of bleeding the brakes, as I had never seen it leak before. So, that means more parts and labor...but it must be done if I plan on taking this thing camping and travelling.

Pics of the van coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment