Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mission Complete

Today's mission was to retrieve the van from that parking lot I left it in yesterday. After running some errands with Heather, we used her Mom's car, we went to the Kragen which just so happened to be in the parking lot the van was in. I picked up a funnel, some Dot 3 brake fluid, and some coolant that requires no water to mix with. I filled up a gallon of gas in a tank, and had to duct tape the funnel to the end of a thick plastic hose in order to get that gallon in to the van.

The gas tanks nowadays are made in such a way it is damn near impossible to get any of it in to the older vehicles, and you wind up spilling most of it on the ground. So that makeshift funnel/hose thing will be staying in the van for future use...thing looks more like a beer bong.

So it turns out the fluids were not the problem after all. Turns out the master cylinder was half full still, and the radiator was full as well. I put what I could of the brake fluid in, and put the coolant in the back. Oh well, it's good to have these things on hand for wshtf (when shit hits the fan).

I drove the van home, following Heather all the way. Man, that was a nerve-racking drive. It was only a couple miles, but a couple of miles with an uncertainty about whether or not you'll be able to stop in time is scary indeed.

Well, I made it back safely, mission accomplished, the van now sits outside. Now to accumulate the funds to get it worked on...looks like I'll be hitting up that Ford mechanic guy here shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment