Sunday, April 25, 2010

Prepare for Adventure!

Fresno is dirty, no jobs to be found, more than half the people here have no business at all driving a vehicle, summer is approaching, and in Fresno there is no Spring. It just jumps from Winter straight to Summer. And believe me, Summers in Fresno are NOT fun in the slightest.

Heather and I have been discussing getting out of here for about a year now, and with Summer right around the corner, our motivation has significantly increased. Our plan to get out of here is as follows:

Tomorrow I go to take my assessment test at Clovis Adult School so I can enroll and get my HS Diploma. With little Liam in our lives, it is imperative I get this. Heather will look for work, so to accumulate funds for our initial costs of leaving here. Once I know my schedule at school after enrolling, I can look for part time work to contribute as well.

Once all that is taken care of and we have a decent amount of funds (we plan on taking at the minimum $5000), and take care of getting all the things together we will need, we sell all the crap we don't use or need, and give the rest to Salvation Army or some charitable organization.


Then we hit the road to Santa Cruz or Monterey or some place along the coast. There, we live a nomadic and gypsy life in my van. While there, our ultimate goal will be for both of us to find jobs and score an apartment.

A lot of people do this, and usually make the mistake of discussing this with their friends and family members and end up getting discouraged by what they have to say, because obviously, the nomadic and gypsy way of life is not for most people, nor is it accepted by the general population.

My next entry will be the specifics of how we will live, why it will work, and why it is so much better than trying to "make it" in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment